Friday, January 22, 2010

INTERVIEWS for DUMMIES

At one time or another, we all have had to look for a employment. During this tedious process, after answering the ad, you might even be lucky enough to be called in for an interview.

Answering these interview questions may be the number one factor to whether or not you will be on that job next week.

To help you with this scarey process, you can relax.

THE DARTBOARD is here to the rescue!

Here we will give you the questions and as well as the answers that will not only nail the interview for you but also will have the interviewer (as well as everyone else) talking about you for decades.



Q#1 - How long have you been looking for a job?
(Concern – is there something wrong with you that other employers have picked up?)

A#1 - “Ummmm, what time is it?”

A#1a - “Soon after my mom told me to pay rent or get out.”

(for the men) A#1c – “Last night, when I saw there was a strip joint across the street.”

(for the women) A#1d – “After the strip joint across the street closed.”


Q#2 How did you prepare for this interview?
(Concern – are you interested enough to do some research, or are you going to “wing it”?)

(for the women) A# 2a –“Doesn’t my new rack tell you anything?”

(for the men) A#2b – “I wrote ‘Dear Abby’ and watched ‘The View’. ”


Q#3 - What is your salary expectation for this job?
(Concern – Can we afford you? Can we get you for less than budgeted?)

A#3 – “Mmmm salary, I love it in a salad.”


Q#4 - How do you keep current and informed about your job and the industries that you have worked in?
(Concern – Once you get the job do you continue to learn and grow – stay
challenged and motivated?)

A#4 - “I watch late night TV monologues.”


Q#5 - Tell me about a time when you had to plan and coordinate a project from start to finish.
(Concern – behavioral questions – seeking an example of specific past behavior)

A#5 – “I figured out when the best time would be to clean my cat’s litter box and when it's time to change it.”


Q#6 - What kinds of people do you have difficulties working with?
(Concern – ability to be flexible and work in a diverse environment?)

A#6 - “My parents and anyone else who tells me what to do.”


Q#7 - We expect managers to work more than 8 hours a day.
Do you have a problem with that?
(Concern – are you a work-aholic or a person who requires balance?)

A#7 - “No problem – as long as I’m outta here for last call.”


Q#8 - When have you been most satisfied in your career?
(Concern – what motivates you? Or demotivates you?)

A#8 - “When I told my last boss to take his job and shove it.”


Q#9 - Why do you want this job?
(Concern – are you using the shot-gun approach to job search or do you really know what you want?)

A#9 – “To save you time – nobody else would want it.”


Q#10 - We are ready to make an offer. Are you ready to accept today?
(Concern – we don’t want you to go away and think about it and change your mind – we want you.)

A#10 - “Can I get the cash now - I don't trust you.”

+ +

Follow these A’s after these Q’s and you’re in the door.

* * *






No comments:

Post a Comment